Wednesday 25 November 2015

DIY animal toy christmas decorations - Easy!



This year I told myself I would try out some new christmas crafts and write more diy and tutorial blog posts, so here is my first festive tutorial!

I originally brought these plastic toy animals online for a different DIY but I stupidly didn't look at the size and they are way too small for what I intended. But thanks to the wonder of the internet, I got
some inspiration to make them into christmas tree decorations.

All you'll need is:




  • toy plastic animals or dinosaurs
  • Jewellery eye hook 
  • a little bit of superglue
  • Nail varnish (colours of your choice!)
  • Ribbon or string. 

I brought a pack of 12 wild animal toys of Ebay for £2! 
I added a hook into the animal using a small drill, but the plastic was fairly easy to puncture so I reckon you could do it with some elbow grease and a pin. Before I put the hook in I dipped it into superglue to ensure it would stay. 


I decided I wanted some of the animals gold, so I just used this Barry M nail varnish to coat them. There are loads of different patterns and colours you could try!



You could try two tones...

or glitter or polka dots! 

Once the animals are dry all you need to do it tie string or ribbon through the hook and whey, you're done!

They'll be more christmas DIY tutorials coming soon! 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment