Tuesday 3 November 2015

Pop up shop - 'WE ARE' 9th-15th Nov




I've always loved the idea of a pop up shop! Its such a great way to sell handmade goods, without the commitment of a long term lease. I ran one just over a year ago.  I'd asked a few friends if they wanted to exhibit some work as it was a large space and I didn't think I could fill it on my own.

I wouldn't say that it was a total success, but I know where I went wrong and what changes I'll make for next time.

So recently I heard about a community project called 'Somewhere to _' which helps 16-25 years olds get a creative space for whatever their medium is (I've put the contact info below). I contacted them about a pop up shop they were offering people, and a few weeks later I had to pitch my idea to them and the shop owners. Needless to say I was bricking it! But fortunately I was offered to share a pop up shop with Monster Pie Inclusive Arts, a scope associated art group.

 We have the shop called 'It is what it is' for a week starting the 9th Nov. Each day we're planning a free workshop as well as being open to customers.

Here are some things I've made to sell...




Handmade necklace using one of my photographs




As well as my photography I'll be selling my jewellery too.




All the items sold in the shop will be handmade and include works from the below artists

- Lisa Buttery - Illustration
- Anna Dunne  - Handmade bags and purses
-Artists from Monster Pie Inclusive Arts

On friday the 13th of Nov I'll be running a photo up photobooth with polaroid pics! Here I am testing out the props I made!

So if you're around Brighton between the 9th -15th of Nov pop by @
'It is what it is' 102 Gloucester Rd, brighton lanes.
we'll be open 10am-6pm Tuesday-saturday
and 11am-5pm Sunday

For more information please see our facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/460609517456693/

Somewhere to_ info:
https://somewhereto.com



No comments:

Post a Comment