Wednesday 16 December 2015

DIY: Christmas crackers.



Christmas is my favourite time to get crafty because there are so many different things to try! Christmas crackers are a classic around our dinner table when having the roast. The photos won't be the same without us wearing those paper crowns. So I gave it ago myself, heres how I did it...

You'll need:
  • A selection of small gifts 
  • Cracker snaps, which you can buy very cheaply in craft stores or online
  • Cardboard toilet rolls (start saving them early!)
  • Wrapping paper of your choice. 
  • Double sided tape 
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors 
  • A selection of cheesey christmas jokes. 
So lets get started!

1. I started by getting everything ready for the inside of the crackers. I did this by buying little things that I could fill the crackers with. I then printed some cheesey jokes and made a paper crown. Check out this tutorial video on how to make your own paper hat, or buy some of amazon.

Individually wrapped sweets are great to fill the crackers with.

2. Once everything is ready, stuff the cracker with the joke, hat and present and the cracker snaps. 




3. Cut out a long strip of your chosen wrapping paper and stick some double sided tape to the toilet roll. 





4. Roll the tube onto the wrapping paper then attach with more double sided tape. 

5. Twist the ends like a sweet wrapper and tie it with some ribbon. 




DONE! 

  


(Surprisingly easy right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment