Wednesday 30 December 2015

10 New year resolutions for creative folks.





I love the idea that in the new year you can start a fresh, do all the things you wanted to do the year before but life got in the way. Well I'm going to try to make time for new things next year, things that can inspire my creativity! I've tried to keep the list to simple things that we can all do that will help our creativity flow...


  • Keep a journal or sketchbook. I know alot of people will find it difficult to know what to put in them but there's plenty of inspiration on Pinterest, (you can check out my inspiration board here) or you can buy journal prompt books like 'wreck this journal' by Keri Smith.  

  • Read more creative blogs. My current favourite creative blogs are A beautiful MessLets do something crafty and Make it your own. In 2016 I'd like to find more inspiring blogs! 
  • Go see more art. If you take the time to do a little research you can probably find loads of art in your local area. Last year I didn't take enough advantage of the Artist Open Houses, but next year I plan to see more, its free and you probably get to meet and chat to the artist. 
  • Try more crafts. This is were following the creative blogs comes in handy. This year the new crafts I tried were, making tree decorations, making christmas crackers and biscuit decorating. There's so many things to try, and even if it doesn't work how you planned, at least you tired and you can always improve!
  • Network with other artists/ creative folk. 
  • Go explore! Take a long walk somewhere new, let yourself get lost, who knows what you may find. 
    This is the downs where me and my dog, alfie, like to explore!
  • Make a collage for new projects. Find images, quotes, adverts, anything that inspires your new project and make a collage! 
  • Take more photos. (and no I don't mean just selfies) 
  • Write a letter. Don't use facebook chat, or text, pick up and pen and paper and write a letter. There are charities that encourage you to write to people, for example, www.postpals.co.uk where you can write a letter to a sick child. 
  • Try out creativity booster games. These games are designed to get your brain thinking in ways, to come up with ideas you may have never thought of. Here is a website to trycreativitygames.net

So there we have it, 10 new years resolutions for creative folks!
Hope you all have a wonderful new year and don't forget to check this blog for new posts every week!

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment