Sunday 11 January 2015

2014 photo journal

Midway through last year I was going through a pretty tricky time. I needed to keep myself distracted and I also wanted to improve my photography and art skills. So putting the two together I decided to make a photo journal for the rest of the year. I thought it would be a great way to see how far I've come when I look back in future years.

At first I was determined to take a photo-a-day, even if it meant using my Iphone camera! But some days I was so busy I forgot and others well, my imagination was lacking and nothing exciting was happening. I still kept it up though, through 7 months I documented (when I could) the things that I was getting up to, places I went, and things that generally inspired me. When 2014 came to an end, although the journal was looking full, there was still empty pages, but I wanted to say goodbye to the year completely but starting a new 2015 journal.

Below are some scanned images of the pages in my 2014 journal. (Many of the photos were taken using my instax mini 8 camera)







Things you can use for your own journal:

Tickets from the cinema, plays, comedy shows
Decorative tape
Scrapbooking extras 
Ink stamps
Old wrapping papers
Pressed flowers
Maps 
Food packages 
Stickers 
Magazine cut outs 
Watercolours



No comments:

Post a Comment