Friday 30 January 2015

Making of the candyland shoot. Part 1...

I've always been in love with all things sweet, so when I saw Katy Perry's California Gurls music video, I was totally inspired! I've had the idea for a while to create scene's that I can photoshop people into and the candyland would be perfect for children's shoots!


Scene shot from the video.


The music video was directed by one of my favorite artists, Will Cotton, who paints most portraits with confectionary themes. Below are some pieces from him that I adore!




After I collected inspiration, I made a moodboard on photoshop:


So with this in mind, I went sweet shopping, armed with a long list of classics. Its fair to say that with a successful and run trip, although it was tempting to nibble on them!


I varnished the lollipops, then I drew on the red stripes with a sharpie. To make the lollies stand up, I stuck them in gummy drops.
In the background I knew I wanted mountains of ice cream, so I practiced my painting skills to create a backdrop, which was inspired by these photos I found on pinterest:



Theres still a long way for me to go before the final image, but I'm so excited about it, and hope to take some more scenes in the future, but here is what I've done so far:


Keep your eyes peeled for part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment