Thursday 23 April 2015

Steampunk watch necklaces.

I've probably mentioned in other blog posts that  my dad used to make watches and has tonnes of old watches and their parts. Well thanks to the beauty of Pinterest I came across some fab ideas to make use of the parts and watch movements. 

I'm planning on doing a stall down at the Brighton Open market this summer and as well as selling my photography, I may as well try to sell some of the things I make out of my dads watch parts. Here are my favorite ideas I found on Pinterest:

Super cute rabbit made completely of watch parts! (Made by Sue Beatrice)


Check out these great earrings made by Etsy Seller Noblestudios

I could use watch faces to make keyrings like this example.



This is so incredible! 


Luckily, being the magpie that I am, have kept charms from past earrings and necklaces which help me get a little creative with the watches. I have chosen to make a few necklaces with the charms and watch movements to start off with. 

Here is the progress so far: 
Cute bee and diamonds.

A summery feel with a fruity vibe.

Unicorn and stars!

Nautical theme with anchor, pearls and blue diamonds.  

All of these are a work in process and obviously need a chain or leather strap on them but I'm pretty excited about this project! 

In other news, i'm off to Paris tomorrow for a lovely weekend away with my boyfriend, so no doubt the next blog post will be about our adventures there! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment