Wednesday 15 July 2015

JULY favorites and projects




One of my favorite types of blog posts to read or watch on youtube are monthly favorites. This basically consists of the blogger reviewing and showing things that they've loved that particular month. I thought I'd give this ago as well as giving an update on some of my current projects.

I'll try to just show things in my favorites that have inspired me creatively, otherwise my list would probably be too long! 

Crystal jewellery

This month I've been working on some new jewellery for my other business, Tick tock jewellery (Please check out the facebook page here) and I've been slightly obsessed with all things crystaly or Gem like. I'm not sure why, I think it kinda makes me feel a little witchy and magical! 

Here are some of my favorite etsy shops for crystal jewellery:


Royal Palaces. 

After visiting the Alcazar in Seville, spain, I realised that I probably take for granted the beautiful palace we have here in Brighton. Of course I'm talking about the Royal Pavilion. But luckily enough for me, I've been asked to photograph a wedding down at the Royal Pavilion later this year! Earlier this week I got to go around the pavilion and check out the lighting, and I was stunned with the ornate decoration that is still intact after so long. 

Loving in the life of luxury! 


The beautiful gardens of the Alcazar. 
So after my visit to the royal pavilion I began to google some wedding photography from that location. Here are my favorites:

Photo by Emma Lucy Photography

I'll be sure to make a blog post with my own photos after the wedding which is in August!



Dinosaurs! 

After watch Jurassic world last month I've had an urge to do a Dinosaur shoot, with a whole range of them! In the past I've done shoots with a child's favorite toy, which happens to be a T-rex but now I want to make one even bigger but using a whole load of dinosaur toys! I'm currently on the look out in charity shops for realistic looking dinosaur toys ;) 


PS If you liked the first Jurassic Park then I really recommend going to see Jurassic world. Although its pretty cheesey and far fetched but it brings as much excitement and entertainment as the first (although the second and third weren't great...)


Up and coming projects

I tend to have a few projects running at once, and immerse myself in creative work. So here are some things that I'm currently working on.

Candyland part 2 : The candy Palace. 
I LOVED making the first candyland, although it did take alot of time, and I always knew that I wanted to make a series of them. Well there is no time like the present! Planning everything out took most of the time, figuring out how to make things out off a pile of sweets aint easy! After sketching out the ideas for the palace (inspired my obsession with the alcazar in Spain) I knew roughly what sweets I needed. So I took a little trip down to a large Pick n' Mix store in the Brighton's North street (think it was actually just called 'CANDY'). I spent a whopping £10 on pick n' mix :/ and I can't even get to eat any of it! 


The start of candy palace...

Tick Tock Jewellery

I'm still working on some jewellery, as I'm hoping to have a craft fair coming up soon. Its been a nice change for me to work creatively on something other than photography, although I do feel like I'm slighting cheating on photography...
However I figure that anything that brings in money actually helps pay for advertising for my photography! 
Below are some of my recent makes, all avalible to buy at my online store, www.beckynetley.wix.com/ticktockjewellery 


Unicorn Necklace - £4

Moon and stars £6

Rhodonite gem stone £6

Hope everyone is having a fab july! 


No comments:

Post a Comment