Monday 13 October 2014

Art in mind exhibition - at the Brighton Dome.

As many of you may know, I volunteer with an art group called 'Art in mind'. We run workshops for people recovering from mental illness and create work based around it to help break stigma. 

I've probably been with the group for around 2 years and it is honestly one of the best choices I've ever made. Not only do I get to do art but I get to do it with people in similar situations, with an understanding of what it is like to suffer with a mental illness. As if that wasn't enough, I also get to showcase my photography in great spaces like the Brighton Dome and take part in events like the artist open houses. 

For this exhibition we were lucky enough to get funding from Starbucks for the materials to be able to make it all possible. Everyone in the group had the opportunity to run a workshop with different community groups so that we could showcase as much work as possible. 

So below are some photos of what we exhibited. 

Here are 3 of my personal photos that I exhibited and the fourth one in the right bottom was taken in a workshop for a community group called Miss Represented. 
Here is a collection of doodles that were made during workshops with my good friend (and amazing artist) Lisa Buttery. 

Another workshop, run by Kitty, included making these worry dolls. 


So happy to be able to work with such lovely people and be given the opportunity to show my personal work in such a well known venue! 

On a different note, I'm currently drafting a blog post on my top 10 photographers!

No comments:

Post a Comment