Wednesday 7 October 2015

Making earrings with a glue gun!




I simply love making jewellery, and last week I took a trip to my favourite shop, Hobbycraft! Of course I probably spent a little too much, but I did get quite a few pieces for my jewellery making, which I see as an investment! ;)

I watched a few youtube tutorials on how to make charms using a glue gun, it was difficult at first but once you get the hang of it, it's an easy way to make some lovely earrings! 


The glue gun was from Hobbycraft (£5 I think) and the glue sticks were £1 from Tiger (bargain!)
Glue guns are so useful if you're a keen crafter,  and if you can even get different coloured glue sticks! 

For the most recent earrings I've made, I've been using a silicone mould by Gedeo, which I bought from Hobbycraft. It comes with small moulds of hearts, circles and squares, and they're the perfect size for earrings. The larger moulds are great for necklace pendants. 

Once your glue gun is heated up, just squeeze some glue into which ever mould you fancy. Leave it to dry for a few mins and then it should easierly pop out of the mould. Trim around any excess glue and now you're ready to decorate /colour! 
To colour the earrings I use a few coats of nail varnish, and then a clear one to add an extra shine!
Once coloured I use super glue to attach the earring backs to the charm I've made. 
Red rose stud earrings.



Other ideas:


While the glue is still wet in the mould, add a small nail art design, these are some little fruit ones I found. They were from the pound shop but are available online. Make sure you push the fruit down so it's visible through the glue.

  
Here are some sweet little strawberry earrings I made. 
Use glitter to add some sparkle to your earrings! This can be done by using glitter nail varnish or by adding glitter while the glue is still wet.

Use vintage pictures of flowers! Push them into the glue while it's still wet. (Make sure the flowers are the same size/shape!) 
Thanks for checking this tutorial out! Keep up to date with me via my instagram @beckynetleyphotography 


No comments:

Post a Comment