Thursday 7 May 2015

[May's monthly post] 10 photos that...get up close. (Macro shots)



Macro photography, usually means photographing objects or living creatures extremely close up. For this months '10 photos that...' I will taking a look at things that are so close up that you'll either be amazed or slightly creeped out!

While searching for macro shots, I wanted to pick ones that were slightly different, not your usual up close flower shots.


1. Amazing cat shot by Kristina Buceatchi
2. I can't decide whether I find this cute, or really creepy. Photo by Jose Deluna
3. Macro shots look great when photography new born babies, letting you get all the little details like toes, nails and little hands. (Unknown source)

4.I never thought I would think a snail was cute, but Vadim Trunov has proved me wrong! Check out more of these magical photos here.
5. This is a beautiful photo of inside an Ocean Jasper rock. Photo by MicROCKScopia 
6. NOPE, this is too much! (photo by John Hallman)
7. This up close look at a fingerprint is part of a series called 'Skin story' by Jarket Kozjar.
8. This cute froggie was photographed by Wil Mijer,


9. Check out these sweet mushrooms photographed by Steve Axford. For more magical mushrooms click here.



10. Photo by Japanese photographer Shihya Kowatar. I love the colours and patterns made by leaf in this!



Hope these photos have inspired you to experiment using Macro, most DSLR cameras have the setting. I'll do a future blog post on how to best use macro. 

Next months (June) '10 photos that...will make your heart melt.'



No comments:

Post a Comment