Monday 18 April 2016

Photographing the Brighton Marathon.

I've always envied and praised anyone who can run 26 miles, I know I certainly couldn't do it. So this year I wanted to help a charity without actually having to run and the best way I know how is to use my camera! I volunteered to take photographs for a charity called Smile train off their runners.

Smile train is a wonderful charity that provides free surgery for children born with cleft lip and palate. A cleft palate can cause speech and breathing issues as well as often causing the  individual to suffer emotional pain and low self esteem due to being bullied. For more information on smile train please see their website here: https://smiletrain.org.uk/

Proudly wearing my Smile train tee and ready to snap the runners! 




The fastest runners of the marathon! 

The smile train team!

Nick from Smile train, still smiling even though hes on mile 16! What a legend. 




Lucy from smile train looking super photogenic! 

A marathon is not complete without batman.

I loved cheering on the runners, and I heard that mile 15/16 is the hardest and where they can hit the 'wall'. So being there to spread some support felt great. I think next year I will definitely go support the runners and get some more snaps.

Weldone again to the superstars who ran! 

No comments:

Post a Comment