Friday 1 April 2016

Prop making - fairy boat




Lately I've been wanting to promote my surreal wedding photography, but I thought to do that I'd need some more examples! I turn to fairy tale type art for inspiration and found this lovely painting (unfortunately I don't know who the artist is) 


Here are some steps I took to making my boat:
I drew out the outline of the bottom of the boat on thin cardboard. I then cut a long stripe for the side the boat and used to masking tape to keep it together

After securing the shape with masking tape, I then covered it in brown parcel tape. I did this to make the boat stronger but to also make the base brown.

Then, using a hot glue gun I stuck on sticks that I had collected on a dog walk. I used fairly straight and thin sticks to I could easily break them to the length I needed.

I made the sail using a thicker stick and glue gun glue to make the spider web net in the middle. I added a few small paper flowers for decoration and my boat was complete!

Here is the final photo!

If you're interested in a shoot with the fairy boat for your wedding, Please don't hesitate to get in contact, at becky.netley@live.co.uk 

Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment