Tuesday 28 October 2014

DIY birthday gifts ideas

I just love setting myself a project of making a birthday present for a friend or family member. Below are some ideas that I've tried and tested and a few I have yet to try but think are really great ideas! 


Personalised photo necklace 

I made a few of these, using my photography, to sell in my pop up shop I did. They were one of the most popular things I sold and make great presents as you can really personalise them! 


Check out future blog posts for a step to step guide on how to make one. 

A box of pink! (Or whatever their favourite colour is) 

Collect things of the persons favourite and put it in a box! Anything from nail varnishes to socks. My box included these pink things:
gloves 
a pair of shoes
nail varnish 
the birthday girls favourite pink sweets





Home sweet Home sign. 

I found a blank sign in a local craft store and thought it would be great if I could use one of my photos on it. You can find these blank collage signs online if you cant find them in a arts or craft store. Customise them with your photos and decorative papers! 



Personal canvas bag.

A tutorial of this will be added to this blog soon but here is an example of a canvas bag that customised with my photos. You could use the same idea but add the person's favorite quote, film character or a photo of you both!


DIY Floral Letter.


I have tried and tested it, and loved how simple it was, and the results were beautiful. I added magnetic stripes on the back of mine so my friend could stick it on her fridge. 


DIY Journal Kit.

This is such a good idea for a present if you have a crafty friend! Collect a load of craft materials, place them in a box with a small description and maybe some journal inspiration and there you have a great present! Things you could include:

Pens and pencils
Stamps and stickers
Ribbon
Scrapbooking pictures 
String 
Glue
Sequins 



Move Night package

Buy your friend a DVD and collect all things you think they'll need for the perfect movie night. Mine would include, lots of chocolate, tea and crisp! 


Other ideas include:

Making a collage of your photos with the person and framing it
Pamper day box (Like the movie package)
Make a little book of your personal jokes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment